Thursday, March 3, 2011

Baby steps

If today's goal had been, get to work on time (8:15 AM) then I totally would have been golden. However, today's goal was to be in at 8.

Whoops...

However, 8:15 AM is definitely a step in the right direction. My arrival time at work, every now and then, gets a bit ridiculous. We're not talking 10 AM or anything, but definitely closer to 9 than is really ideal. But I must say, dragging myself out of bed actually at 6 AM hurt. And yet there have been days when I've done that and felt hung over I was so tired.

But alas, today was a good day. No sleep hangover. I missed breakfast due to phone calls and the controlled chaos that is the office. I know that in a little more than a week, missing breakfast is not going to be an option. So I'm playing with some ideas to streamline my breakfast/ eating in the morning. Fruit is always good, but it doesn't give me that full feeling that a bowl of oats does. However it scores major points when it comes to mobility.

The menu planning is definitely going to be something that is going to be making an appearance here. I’ve sorta been doing it, whether actually writing it all down or having a rough idea of what possible meals are in the fridge/ freezer. I think doing a post or two will help me to see what we’re having regularly, show me where to add some variety, and realize how much of some things we really do eat.

Then there is my want to be active. I think that at this point I’m going to work on actually getting all the way to yoga, going to the new gym, and throwing some walking in as well. We’re about to hit that busy point in our season at work, and I think that I will be wearing a pedometer (shh!) to see just how much walking I do daily. Until then I’ve thrown in the occasional walk to the next building instead of emails or calls for warmth and variety.

When you’re making changes to your life, do you kind of slowly ease yourself in or do you go full throttle toward the new? How well has it worked?

1 comment:

  1. On whether I go full throttle or ease in....it depends on the change I envision for myself. For some changes, it is best to ease in, such as, exercise. It is best not to go lace up your brand new running shoes and run a 15K when you've not conditioned your body to handle it.

    On the other hand, other changes are best incorporated completely, or 'full throttle', like giving up ice cream.

    Regard each new day as an opportunity, and you are already going in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete