Saturday, March 12, 2011

Quick Update

A lot of people believe that if you put word to something, that makes it real. Giving an idea outside of your own mind makes it more into a reality, and holds you accountable. For me I'm not sure how true that is, this is all new for me. Honestly I would love to hear what you guys out there (I'm assuming there is a you guy) think.

On another note, here is an update on some of my healthy choices.

- Drink more H20: I've actually been doing better with this one. It's like anything else with me, I just have to keep making the right choice when out. So after my morning cup of coffee, usually after that moment when I realized it's gone cold. I now start with a bottle of water. With that I am now drinking at least a 20 oz bottle of water each day, and then whatever glass or two I may drink when home. I would say this is double what I was doing before, you know if you could double 0 and get a countable number.

- Be more active: This one ebbs and flows, but there has been less time between the ebbs and flows. Specifically I remembered this week that just to get 30 minutes of cardio in I don't have to go for a run or hit the gym. What am I talking about? Well, I'm going to confess it right here right now. I dance alone. Not just a little bit, but music going like I'm in a club dance alone. With the help of JLo, Shakira, Daddy Yankee, Pitbull, and the Pussy Cat Dolls within minutes I was sweating and doing some moves I could see were working my abs. Judge away.

On this same note, I've also tried to do yoga in moments where I've had a few minutes to do a few "sun salutations". I use the air quotes because this is only the most basic of stuff of what I remember from class and reading online. So I think I may be missing a pose or two but it's close enough. What's great about this is that this is a perfect option like dancing, but it's quiet. No bumping music giving me away.

Of course, now that I've joined Good Friends Group Fitness I think my overall level of fitness is starting to increase. I'm waiting for my clothes to fit better to really say that this is working.

So here's what I'm doing. What are you doing? Do you dance like nobodies watching?

1 comment:

  1. No judgments here! I totally dance like nobody is watching!

    Sometimes I do this flow to get the body going:
    in - mountain pose
    out - swan dive down to forward fold
    in - monkey
    out - forward fold
    in - place hands on mat and step back into plank
    out - down for crocodile
    in - upward dog
    out - downward dog
    in - walk feet towards hands
    out - forward fold
    in - reverse swan dive up
    out - mountain
    I do about 3-4 of these and start to feel really good. Not sure if this is an officially sun salutation, but it does the trick and is pretty easy to remember

    ReplyDelete